12/7/10

I would just like to say how much I am throughly enjoying reading this book! I really had my doubts in the begining when I was told this is a classic. I figured it would be really boring and hard to get through. Its totally NOT!!

Ok so I feel really bad for Jane. I cant stand to see (or read about) people (especially children) treated so bad! As a parent, I see my children always trying to "pin" things on eachother. How could her aunt honestly NOT see that? RIDICULOUS! You can feel how it is affecting Jane in her thoughts about herself. Being left lone because she was thought "bad" was almost too much for her! It made me think about when i see students being singled out or hanging out by themselves and how sad it makes me feel. I always try to go over and say hi or something to these ones because you can just see how much they hurt!

As for this school she goes to I really like Miss Temple. She has a really kind heart and is willing to over look and bend the rules to do what she can for the children. Its sad, though, that they had to have that typhus fever hit so badly before peoples eyes were open to what was really going on. However, Jane prevailed as I knew she would! To stay there for 8 years seems pretty amazing to me. She seems to have such an adventurous spirit that needs to get out and explore. We will see how long she stays at this new place (although I am not liking this Mr. whatever his name is at the moment).

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're drawing comparisons and similarities between Jane and your own life experiences. I keep finding things throughout the book that make me think of my own experiences too and comparing how I would act with how Jane acts. It really makes me attached to this novel. I'm glad you're liking it!

    ReplyDelete